From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-ebuild] Ebuild integration / ignoring
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:24:09
1 On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:22:04 -0500
2 Joshua Pollak <pardsbane@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Something along the lines of Bugzilla/SF's features/phpBugTracker, etc,
5 > should be fine, right? I could set it up on my own server, or I can set
6 > it up somewhere else. If the project is willing to accept the work, once
7 > done, I'll get started right away.
8
9 See if you can't get in contact with chadh on how to set it up on
10 cvs.gentoo.org (which perhaps should get a new alias: bugs.gentoo.org ?).
11
12 We should have at least two modes for the bugtracker: end-user and
13 developer. The full-blown bugzilla interface is a bit intimidating for
14 first-time end-users, so they should by default get an easy-to-use
15 interface.
16
17 The regular developers should get the full-blown interface, I guess.
18
19 The main thing about the bugtracker is that we should _USE_ it. So we'll
20 just have to keep tweaking it until everybody uses it for adding ebuilds,
21 bug reports, wishes, etc.
22
23 In fact, we should perhaps rename it from "bugtracker" to "issuetracker",
24 since we want to have it handle more than just bugs: we want all new
25 ebuilds to be submitted through it, so that it can help us not forget half
26 of the ebuilds that get submitted.
27
28 Karl T