From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deleting old news items
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 03:01:52
1 On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:20 PM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > The attached patch proposes a new news item format (2.1).
4 >
5 > In format 2.1, the Expires: header is mandatory.
6 >
7 > PMs can detect whether a given news item is "expired" by comparing the
8 > current date in UTC to the expired date.
9 > Expired news items should not be shown to users.
12 Brief amendment. In the case where the PM cannot parse the expires header;
13 it should assume the item is not expired and display it (e.g. it should
14 fail open.)
15
16 Updated patch attached.
17
18 -A
22 > Once this is accepted and implemented, we can go back and bump the
23 > existing news items to format 2.1 and add the new mandatory header.
24 >
25 > Old news implementations should ignore the "Expires" header (as they
26 > ignore any unspecified header.)