From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deleting old news items
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 01:21:04
1 The attached patch proposes a new news item format (2.1).
2
3 In format 2.1, the Expires: header is mandatory.
4
5 PMs can detect whether a given news item is "expired" by comparing the
6 current date in UTC to the expired date.
7 Expired news items should not be shown to users.
8
9 Once this is accepted and implemented, we can go back and bump the existing
10 news items to format 2.1 and add the new mandatory header.
11
12 Old news implementations should ignore the "Expires" header (as they ignore
13 any unspecified header.)