From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deleting old news items
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 09:00:32
1 W dniu czw, 04.01.2018 o godzinie 20∶20 -0500, użytkownik Alec Warner
2 napisał:
3 > The attached patch proposes a new news item format (2.1).
4 >
5 > In format 2.1, the Expires: header is mandatory.
6 >
7 > PMs can detect whether a given news item is "expired" by comparing the
8 > current date in UTC to the expired date.
9 > Expired news items should not be shown to users.
10 >
11 > Once this is accepted and implemented, we can go back and bump the existing
12 > news items to format 2.1 and add the new mandatory header.
13 >
14 > Old news implementations should ignore the "Expires" header (as they ignore
15 > any unspecified header.)
16
17 What will the relevant policy be, i.e. what value should we be putting there?
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny