From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:03:12
1 On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 19:03 +0200, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Jakub Moc wrote:
3 > > Broken bugzilla affects every ebuild dev, affects GDP, affects bug
4 > > wranglers, affects anyone else who's using it to track outstanding
5 > > project issues. How is this continuous borkage not a global issue that
6 > > council should discuss?
7 >
8 > What is there to discuss? Do you expect them to say 'bugzilla shall be fix0rd!'?
9 They could (in theory) demand that infra changes policies, i.e. active
10 recruiting to reduce bottlenecks or open demands for hardware. I think
11 it wouldn't help much though ...
12
13 > What would that change in reality? I, (and I guess so does solar) fail to see
14 > what the council could effectively do in regard to this matter. You should
15 > probably elaborate on that.
16 I guess the question is "What can we do when a project misbehaves and
17 our efforts to help are being denied?" (Please excuse the offensive
18 formulation, but that is afaict roughly what jakub and others
19 communicate when they wish to summon the council).
20
21 Any ideas how to improve communication appreciated :-)
22
23 hth,
24 Patrick
25 --
26 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move