From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:14:36
1 On Tuesday 18 November 2003 20:01, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > 1. Is Gentoo commercial or non-commercial organization?
5
6 Gentoo is currently officially a for-profit organisation. However we are
7 working on a transition into a not-for-profit organization.
8
9 > 2. Is there Gentoo project leader, like in Debian? How is it elected?
10 Yes, it is Daniel Robins. He started the project, and as he will probably be
11 around for some while we have as yet no procedure to elect the leader
12
13 > 3. How key decisions are done? Is there voting system?
14 Key decisions are made by the management team. A formal voting system is being
15 developed, but currently we work with consensus vote. Note that this is
16 consensus of the management team. In this Daniel has some extra edge as the
17 project leader although it is not formal.
18
19 > 4. Can Gentoo maintainers correct the Social Contract?
20 If there are errors in the contract I guess it can be corrected. However we
21 will not change the contract lightly. Please indicate which errors you think
22 are in the contract.
23
24 Paul
27 Paul de Vrieze