From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata revised - removal of packages
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:38:58
1 On Friday 09 September 2005 12:10 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:58:21 +0200 Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
3 > | Well, i was told that adding the maintainer-needed herd is not a good
4 > | idea and it is best to remove metadata.xml if no valuable information
5 > | remains.
6 > |
7 > | I couldn't find information on that. Can somebody explain?
8 >
9 > In
10 > particular, herds are no longer a fallback for when the maintainer
11 > (single person) is not available.
12
13 that is policy left up to each herd imo ... rarely do we list a maintainer in
14 a base-system or games packages
15 -mike
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list