From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Patch set for git-r3 enabling full mirroring of upstream repo
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 03:16:25
1 On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 02:46:52 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
5 > That said, while I didn't see any objections, what surprised me was the
6 > speed at which it happened. The RFC was posted early afternoon (my time)
7 > on a Friday. The commit was early evening on a Sunday. Not even an
8 > entire weekend. It seems to me that in the context of gentoo-dev, if one
9 > is really interested in the comments he has supposedly requested, giving
10 > a full week for comments is more traditional. There was no emergency
11 > here, and honestly, given the speed, the /appearance/ is that it was an
12 > effort to railroad it thru.
13 >
14 > That's said even tho I agree that full-clone should be the default and am
15 > neutral on shallow-clone functionality (as long as it doesn't interfere
16 > with my ability to set full-clone locally), so the changes themselves are
17 > good by me.
20 +1
21
22 There wasn't enough time left for people to respond. There is
23 Scale going on this weekend also, not that 70% of the gentoo devs were
24 attending... Still, 1 week is not too long to wait.
27 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>