From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Patch set for git-r3 enabling full mirroring of upstream repo
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 02:47:37
1 hasufell posted on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 01:18:49 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > I am tired of talking to people who are unobjective.
4 >
5 > But to make it more clear to you: I don't think that removing shallow
6 > clone support is an improvement, so I vote against removing it.
7
8 FWIW, I didn't get that from reading the thread, either. Not against
9 something (your claim) isn't the same as being for it (what we find out
10 here).
11
12 People say my verbosity level needs turned down. Perhaps yours needs
13 turned up.
14
15 That said, while I didn't see any objections, what surprised me was the
16 speed at which it happened. The RFC was posted early afternoon (my time)
17 on a Friday. The commit was early evening on a Sunday. Not even an
18 entire weekend. It seems to me that in the context of gentoo-dev, if one
19 is really interested in the comments he has supposedly requested, giving
20 a full week for comments is more traditional. There was no emergency
21 here, and honestly, given the speed, the /appearance/ is that it was an
22 effort to railroad it thru.
23
24 That's said even tho I agree that full-clone should be the default and am
25 neutral on shallow-clone functionality (as long as it doesn't interfere
26 with my ability to set full-clone locally), so the changes themselves are
27 good by me.
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman