From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is the $Id$ line in our ebuilds still useful?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:13:17
1 >>>>> On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 >> delete it and be done
5
6 +1
7
8 > When I asked a few days ago the arugment was made that it will be
9 > expanded when the ebuilds hit rsync, and then users can reference
10 > these when submitting bugs so that devs know what revision they're
11 > using/etc. It was stated that this was a highly-requested feature.
12
13 If this is "a highly-requested feature" then some discussion or other
14 reference to it should exist in mailing lists. I can neither remember
15 nor can I find such a discussion.
16
17 So, could someone please provide a pointer to when and where keeping
18 the $Id$ line was requested?
19
20 Ulrich