From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags dri, cups, pppd
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:55:18
1 Ben de Groot schrieb:
2 > On 20 January 2013 23:22, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
3 > <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Andreas K. Huettel schrieb:
5 >>>> * move setting USE=dri from default/linux/make.defaults to
6 >>>> targets/desktop/make.defaults
7 >> I must say that I am unhappy about this. The packages in question should
8 >> not be built with dri disabled unless you really *really* know what you
9 >> are doing.
10 > It seems to me this is an obvious case where sane useflag defaults
11 > need to be set by the packages involved. We no longer need to rely on
12 > global profiles for this.
15 Yes, I mentioned this in another post already. We can use EAPI=1 IUSE
16 defaults instead. But this will not change any systems so I fail to see
17 the point behind this. This will only move clutter from profiles into
18 ebuilds.
21 Best regards,
22 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn