From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New QA policy: Packages must not disable installing manpages via USE flags
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 13:22:57
1 On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 00:59 +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:39:16 +0200
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > > Failure to do this will mean you're shipping out-dated documentation to
6 > > > the user.
7 > >
8 > > I fail to see how this could happen, unless you'd be using terrible
9 > > hacks.
10 >
11 > What part in my series of steps did you not understand?
12 >
13 > All that has to happen is somebody does the bump, and doesn't notice
14 > the documentation didn't change when they did the bump, when it in
15 > fact, aught to have changed.
16
17 Manpages always change because the program version changes. You ought
18 to include PV in the distfile name. Then you regenerate them always,
19 and you can't miss it.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny