From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ignoring/overwriting IUSE from an eclass
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:48:25
1 On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:21:46 +0100 Piotr Jaroszyński <peper@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > And it doesn't work.
4 |
5 | Wanna bet? Of course you must put it in the x-modular.eclass, but I
6 | thought that's quite obvious as spyderous was talking about adding
7 | IUSE="" to that eclass.
8
9 Yes, I do want to bet. You don't have a clue what you're talking about
10 and you don't have a clue how to use bash substitution correctly.
11
12 Just what do you think will happen when another eclass sets IUSE="X" and
13 it's supposed to be kept?
14
15 Just what do you think will happen when another eclass sets
16 IUSE="Xaw3d"?
17
18 Just what do you think will happen when Portage internals change? This
19 has happened several times with those variables?
20
21 Your solution is approximately on par with fixing a wobbly chair by
22 sawing off all four legs and then attaching what's left to a crocodile.
23 With the kind of idiocy you're spewing, do you really wonder why people
24 have no faith in Sunrise?
27 Ciaran McCreesh
28 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
29 Web : http://ciaranm.org/