From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ignoring/overwriting IUSE from an eclass
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 03:40:32
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:21:46 +0100 Piotr JaroszyƄski <peper@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | > And it doesn't work.
5 > |
6 > | Wanna bet? Of course you must put it in the x-modular.eclass, but I
7 > | thought that's quite obvious as spyderous was talking about adding
8 > | IUSE="" to that eclass.
9 >
10 > Yes, I do want to bet. You don't have a clue what you're talking about
11 > and you don't have a clue how to use bash substitution correctly.
12 >
13 > Just what do you think will happen when another eclass sets IUSE="X" and
14 > it's supposed to be kept?
15 >
16 > Just what do you think will happen when another eclass sets
17 > IUSE="Xaw3d"?
18 >
19 > Just what do you think will happen when Portage internals change? This
20 > has happened several times with those variables?
21 >
22 > Your solution is approximately on par with fixing a wobbly chair by
23 > sawing off all four legs and then attaching what's left to a crocodile.
24 > With the kind of idiocy you're spewing, do you really wonder why people
25 > have no faith in Sunrise?
26
27 I'm sorry, but is anyone else sick and disgusted with Ciaran talking to
28 people like this? This isn't called for and shouldn't be tolerated.
32 by design, by neglect
33 dirtyepic@g.o for a fact or just for effect
34 9B81 6C9F E791 83BB 3AB3 5B2D E625 A073 8379 37E8 (0x837937E8)