From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add USE_EXPAND for apache
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:37:03
1 Benedikt Böhm wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > the current behaviour of the apache ebuild -- chosing built-in modules based
5 > on /etc/apache2/apache-builtin-mods -- is very aweful, especially for binary
6 > packages.
7 >
8 > Therefore, i would like to add APACHE2_MODULES and APACHE2_MPMS to USE_EXPAND.
9 > I have already converted the ebuild in my local overlay and it works fine.
10 >
11 > Currently, there are over 60 modules available in apache. Out of these, a good
12 > default would look like this IMO:
13 >
14 > APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_alias authn_anon
15 > authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile
16 > authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate
17 > dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info
18 > log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif
19 > speling status unique_id userdir usertrack version vhost_alias"
20 >
21 > If noone objects, I will make these changes to base/make.defaults and commit
22 > the new ebuild during the next week.
23
24 If this goes through, please look over our existing apache-related
25 documentation and file a bug with any necessary changes.
26
27 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/apache-upgrading.xml
28 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml, mostly chapter 9
29 [3] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/apache-troubleshooting.xml