From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING or the net dependency
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:42:54
1 On Sunday 22 October 2006 13:24, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > all use this:
3 > > lo - net is up if lo is up
4 > > Just have net.lo in the boot runlevel - it should always be there anyway.
5 >
6 > so you're saying if net.lo is in the boot runlevel, and i put say net.eth0
7 > [wired] and net.eth1 [wireless] into my default runlevel, i dont have to
8 > worry about eth0/eth1 screwing up my net services ?
9 >
10 > for example, if i start stopping/starting net.eth[01], i certainly dont
11 > want sshd/tftpd/rsyncd/etc... starting and stopping as well ... nor do i
12 > want these services to fail because net.eth[01] failed to start at boot
13 >
14 > thus RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING=lo gave me the perfect behavior
15
16 And by default you'll get that behaviour.
17 Infact we support none, lo and yes options without you having to set anything
18 as that's all default :)
21 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
22 Gentoo/Linux/FreeBSD Developer (baselayout, networking)
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list