From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 11:14:35
1 tis 2002-01-08 klockan 18.10 skrev Damon M. Conway:
2
3 > Depends on usage. I think eclasses could be quite powerful for
4 > cross-platform capabilities and system types (SuxOS, Web Server, etc), and
5 > they, in theory, can pick up the global configuation baton where make.conf
6 > leaves off. As long as they are well-defined, I don't see how they really
7 > cause any problems, or make ebuilds any harder to write.
8
9 I agree to that they are powerful but I think they do it in a way that
10 makes it harder for new users to catch on to.
11
12 Have you looked any at the KDE build?
13
14 Regards,
15 Mikael Hallendal
18 Mikael Hallendal
19 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
20 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden