From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: komarek@××××××××××.edu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install instructions
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:11:19
1 On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 04:38, Paul Komarek wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I just grabbed the 1.1a tarball today (12 Apr 2002), and am in the process
6 > of installing Gentoo. Everything looks good so far, especially the
7 > colored prompt! And that brings me to a buglet in the install
8 > instructions or bash.
9 >
10 > Code listing 17 looks like:
11 >
12 > # chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
13 > # env-update
14 > Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
15 > # source /etc/profile
16 > (none) / # ooh! A new prompt!
17 >
18 > For some reason, the SHELL environment variable remains /bin/sh (at least
19 > for me) after the chroot and env-update. Therefore, sourcing /etc/profile
20 > doesn't give me the whizzy prompt you advertise. Setting the shell
21 > variable manually before sourceing /etc/profile gives me the nice, colored
22 > prompt you promised.
25 Yebo, I already fixed /etc/profile to include /bin/sh as $SHELL for
26 setting the wizzy prompt. This is only on CVS for now though.
27
28 > -Paul Komarek
31 > gentoo-dev mailing list
32 > gentoo-dev@g.o