From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Identifying inherit-only / usable profiles (round 2)
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:55:17
1 On Sunday 03 April 2005 01:51, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 11:41 -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 16:35 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
4 > > > Seeing that I added that output, I guess I should reply. The reason for
5 > > > it was that only one profile per keyword will be checked at the moment.
6 > > > Essentially, the output was both to make people aware of this fact and
7 > > > to make sure people know *which* profile is being checked.
8 > > >
9 > > > I figure your going to tell me that all listed profiles should be
10 > > > checked and I'd have to agree so, if it'll prevent the addition of
11 > > > another useless file, I guess I'll get right on it.
12 > >
13 > > Give us a shout when you have something to test and I'll gladly fill up
14 > > profiles.desc with the valid profiles.
15 >
16 > I'm going to be making at least 2 dev profiles over the next week for
17 > ppc64, glad that will be able to be checked.
18 >
19 > Let us know when you need testers.
20
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~jstubbs/repoman-2.0.51.19.patch
22
23 Changes:
24 * All profiles listed in profiles.desc are checked.
25 * Masked packages are not checked unless --include-masked is specified, when
26 - repoman is being called at category or tree level, and
27 - commit has not been specified.
28 * Removed several expensive but seemingly useless operation for a 90% speedup.
29
30 With regard to the useless operations, they were there to restore the trees
31 and config objects to initial state but I can't find anything that actually
32 modifies their states. I ran a couple of category checks with and without the
33 patch and didn't get any differing results, but keep your eyes open anyway.
34
35 Regards,
36 Jason Stubbs
37 --