From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:15:48
1 On Sunday 04 September 2005 22:53, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > I tend to think that's fair.  At least in my view, the goal is not to
3 > minimize the importance of package maintainers, but simply to separate
4 > package maintainance from tree maintainance.
5 That's right. I think this is good, as a maintainer.
6 What we actually lack now is a way to "suggest" a "candidate stable".
7 For example, maintaining libtorrent, I found a point where libtorrent/rtorrent
8 worked fine on am64 and ppc, but crashed in some situation on x86, because of
9 a conjunction of -fomit-frame-pointer and exception handling.
10 I refrained from editing the ebuild stable on amd64... so I just added the
11 filter-flag on another version and considered that as possible x86 stable at
12 that point.
13
14 the ~x86 ebuilds were working, without tinkering with them, but not "stable
15 enough" for the stable tree anyway.
16
17 Giving an advice on what to marking stable is probably useful.
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
21 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
22 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)