From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <zlin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When the version scheme changes
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:58:47
1 On Saturday 28 June 2008 17:03:13 Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
2 > PV=${PV/0./}
3 >
4 > to that new ebuild. This is the cleanest way to do it and doesn't require
5 > any variable name changes or any other changes to the ebuild regardless of
6 > what it does. Unfortunately it is also illegal per current PMS as PV is a
7 > read-only variable. Right now I feel that the gain of having PV read-only
8 > (catch a few bugs?) is much lower than the pain (extensive ebuild-dependend
9 > changes when the version scheme changes). Please comment.
10
11 I don't really see how making PV not read-only is any easier than using MY_PV.
12 Did you expect changing PV to magically change P, PVR and PF too?
15 Bo Andresen
16 Gentoo KDE Dev