From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Eclasses and EAPI
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 16:54:12
1 On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 18:13:20 +0200
2 Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi Devs,
5 >
6 > I'm wondering whether it wouldn't make sense to require eclasses (or
7 > strongly encourage) to include an explicit list of EAPIs it has been
8 > tested for in order to ease testing when introducing new EAPIs.
9 >
10 > We have seen some issues already with EAPI6 bump related to get_libdir
11 > and people updating EAPI in ebuild without properly testing the
12 > inherited eclasses. having a whitelist in place and die if eclass is
13 > not updated to handle it solves it.
14 >
15 > Thoughts? comments? cookies? threats?
18 Never liked to wait for a whole eclass update for a new eapi when I
19 only use a couple functions from it that I have tested when updating an
20 ebuild.