From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system-logger
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 12:44:56
1 > > We'll probably take this approach. Unfortunately, I haven't had time
2 > > to evaluate them, so I'm hoping to get feedback on metalog and syslog-ng
3 > > from users.
4
5 I've installed metalog as suggested in the installation guide and I am
6 quite happy with it. The configuration is one of the most simpliest I've
7 ever seen. Very powerful though, able to regexp match of log lines,
8 prepend identifiers, output log messages through mail, etc etc
11 Geert Bevin
12 the Leaf sprl/bvba
13 "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
14 http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
15 gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98