From: Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] flamewars@gentoo-dev
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:49:13
1 Benedikt Morbach schrieb:
2 > ++
3 >
4 > I'm a user too and I really find it annoying that one can't read this
5 > list to keep up with recent development, without digging to tons of
6 > FUD, insults and other crap.
7 > I personally came to the conclusion that it is best to simply ignore
8 > all mails from certain people (hint: Most of them were forcibly
9 > retired and work on an alternative package manager and a certain
10 > dokument where they try to set gentoo standards from the outside.)
11 > I found out, that you loose nearly nothing by completely ignoring these people.
12 >
13 > What especially makes me sad is, that there are so many people here
14 > feeding the trolls. (And yes, sometimes I can't even hold myself back)
15
16 In a perfect world, it, would be enough to look at one side of the
17 thing. (Yeah, maybe in a perfect world, there would be no need to deal
18 with stuff like this.)
19
20 But this isn't a perfect world.
21 So please don't make the mistake an go through this only reading it the
22 way you want to see it.
23
24 The problem with that kind of threads normally is, that people on
25 both(!) sides would rather cut their leg off than admitting, that the
26 other person might be right. (Not judging who was right, I have my
27 opinion about it, but you might already know that.)
28
29 Yes, there have been personal insults, but again on both sides and I
30 would rather have hoped, that this wouldn't have happened.
31 But again, this wasn't a one-side matter.
32
33 You mention "tons of FUD". That is a really strong phrase and to be
34 honest, I didn't see FUD from the Paludis folks.
35 There was some mess about this Pkgcore bug, but that wasn't actually
36 FUD, but the truth, which unfortunately turned into a really ugly thing.
37 (And maybe got more attention than it deserved.)
38
39 Now I guess that someone will reply to me, that this is off-topic on
40 this list, which obviously nobody will answer you.
41 But keep it low, no need to start over again. ;-)
42
43 Bernd
44 --
45 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list