From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30 (Planet Gentoo): Round 2
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:02:57
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > This is fine with me, but I thought we had decided to ask the users and use
3 > their response as a more accurate gauge of its success?
4
5 I was happy to go with a numerical measurement such as measuring hits but I
6 personally have no clue at where our target should be. Stuart stood up and
7 suggested a number (1000 hits per week) so I have decided to go with that.
8
9 > The "if the planet appears to be harming our image" is rather subjective
10 > and I'd rather take subjectivity out of this as much as possible.
11
12 I think there should be some other motivation for removing it as well as it
13 not having met its target. If we don't meet 1000 hits per week, but nobody has
14 any problem with the planet being there, then why remove it? There will always
15 be room for improvement and as more people get involved with the planet over
16 time it will get more and more popular.
17
18 I just don't like planning the removal of the planet at the same time that I'm
19 proposing to bring it into existance, seems a bit backwards to me. What if the
20 planet got 998 hits in that week? What if we didn't meet the target, but the
21 average or exponential growth in hits each week means that we'd meet the
22 target by miles 2 weeks after the 3 month evaluattion that I propose? Are you
23 willing just to be a little bit flexible here?
24
25 Daniel
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list