From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30 (Planet Gentoo): Round 2
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:08:36
1 On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:50:52PM +0000 or thereabouts, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > +The success of the planet will be evaluated by examining the number of hits to
3 > +the planet. 3 months after launch, one weeks worth of logs will be recorded,
4 > +and hits will be counted. If the hit count for that week is below 1000, the
5 > +planet will be deemed as not having met its target, and appropriate action can
6 > +be taken if the planet appears to be harming our image.
7
8 This is fine with me, but I thought we had decided to ask the users and use
9 their response as a more accurate gauge of its success?
10
11 That said, if we're going with hits, I'd suggest the following text:
12
13 -------
14 The success of the planet will be evaluated by examining the number
15 of unique users to the planet. Approximately 3 months after launch, a
16 sample of activity will be selected from a random 7 day period and users
17 will be counted. If the user count for that week is below 1000, the planet
18 will be deemed as not having met its target and will be decommissioned.
20
21 The "if the planet appears to be harming our image" is rather subjective
22 and I'd rather take subjectivity out of this as much as possible.
23
24 --kurt