From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI spec (was Re: Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:35:29
1 On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:42:47 -0700 "Daniel Robbins"
2 <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com> wrote:
3 | Also, talk about derailing Paludis - *your behavior* is what's
4 | derailing the future of Paludis and making people uncomfortable with
5 | your solo development style. I will not use Paludis, contribute to it,
6 | or suggest that others use it simply because I don't like how you find
7 | it so easy to shamelessly berate other people.
8
9 By that same argument, anybody who ever had to deal with abuse from bug
10 wranglers wouldn't be using Gentoo. Which would mean a whooooole lot
11 fewer users.
12
13 | To have a successful open source project, you need to be at least
14 | somewhat successful at getting along with people. You at least need to
15 | try. You are not trying.
16
17 Oh, I get along with most people just fine.
18
19 And if you want a perfect example of reverting to ad hominem rather
20 than technical discussion, I suggest you reread your own email.
23 Ciaran McCreesh
24 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
25 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
26 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/