From: Christian Loitsch <christian@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: michael@×××××××××.be
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo net install & proxy
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 06:56:32
1 > my provider put me behind a http-proxy, so I will have to go threw that,
2 > but I am having some trouble: first is in the manual explained that it
3 > should be changed in /etc/make.conf, but this doesn't do anything.
4 had the same problem.
5
6 The easiest thing is to change /usr/portage/scripts/bootstrap and just
7 add the command (export http-proxy...). I even managed to go thru an
8 ftp-proxy with lftpget.
9
10 eg:
11 === [file /usr/portage/scripts/bootstrap] ===
12 ..........
13
14 export whatever you want
15
16 echo "Using $myBASELAYOUT"
17 echo "Using $myPORTAGE"
18 echo "Using $myBINUTILS"
19 echo "Using $myGCC"
21 ===
24 > now the problem with that is that it's replaced during the 'emerge
25 > system', so that during the install, the system forgets the proxy again.
26 it also forgets FETCHCOMMAND
27
28 cu
29 christian