From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: consistent Gentoo tool names
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:53:27
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:00:30 -0500
3 Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > Speaking of single location, Daniel just suggested putting them all in
6 > /usr/gentoo/bin as well. We could either symlink into /usr/bin or
7 > provide an env.d file.
8
9 Sheesh ! No! not more /usr<foo> directories than we already have.
10 I'd love to see them unified, but if this is to be the cost I'd cast
11 down my vote against a proposal like this, adding more directories in
12 /usr, more "cruft" and even more "distro specific" things is a bad
13 thing.
14
15 //Spider
18 begin .signature