From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:16:26
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 06:48:51AM -0400, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 12:28:20PM +0200, Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
3 > > On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 12:19:34PM +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
4 > > > > I still don't see *WHY* you should be different from us. If you want to
5 > > > > manage your recruits then they can't be gentoo staff.
6 > > >
7 > > > One reason could be that we are _not_ going to be called developers but staff.
8 > >
9 > > Can anybody explain me the difference between them ?
10 > >
11 > > > > Arch teams have developed a new 'figure', the arch tester. Not official
12 > > > > gentoo staff but somehow involved with us; arch teams manage their own
13 > > > > arch tester recruitment process. If that's the situation you want then
14 > > > > they won't become gentoo staff.
15 > > >
16 > > > Didn't I say that was already agreed with devrel?
17 > >
18 > > Do I have to quit saying that I think that's wrong? No thanks. You are
19 > > the only group that will make new devs apart from devrel. I still don't
20 > > see why you should deserve a different treatment.
24 > AFAIK they still plan to go through devrel, just add a forums person to
25 > the recruiters team so existing recruiters aren't flooded with new staff
26 > all of a sudden
27
28 OK, I take that back, plans were dropped for a forums-specific recruiter
29 and instead it'd all go through the existing recruiters
30
31 Either way, my point stands 8)
34 Jon Portnoy
35 avenj/irc.freenode.net