From: Tres Melton <tres@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Question about java builds and the sandbox...
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:06:50
1 On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 21:59 -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > Okay, hopefully this works as I expect, but...
3 >
4 > If I have an ant build.xml file that creates and populates an /opt/dnebing
5 > directory but runs as part of an ebuild, will it actually create
6 > the /opt/dnebing directory or is it made as part of the image
7 > in /var/tmp/portage/dnebing/image directory?
8 >
9 > I'm hoping it is the latter, but if not I guess I'd need to strip installation
10 > stuff from the build.xml file and put the appropriate commands in the ebuild
11 > script.
12
13 I'm pretty sure that the files are supposed to be installed to the
14 ${ROOT}/${P}/
15 directory. It is the merge command to ebuild that actually moves the
16 files into the live filesystem.
17
18 > Can someone shed a little light on this for me?
19 >
20 > Thanks!
21 --
22 Tres Melton