From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] macos mess
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:25:39
1 On 25 Jul 2004, at 01:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:51:38 +0200 Pieter Van den Abeele
4 > <pvdabeel@g.o> wrote:
5 > | Unless you want them to be visible well in advance for discussion to
6 > | take place.
7 > | I doubt much of stuff in the other categories is going to depend on
8 > | them, so they can be renamed at any time.
9 >
10 > What's wrong with posting to -dev saying "I intend to create the
11 > following categories, what do people think?"? No need to create them in
12 > advance that way, which is especially helpful given how bad cvs is at
13 > handling directories... Adding the directories and the categories entry
14 > without discussing it gives the impression that it's already set in
15 > stone and no longer an item up for discussion.
16
17 Ok , wrong impression.
18
19 Afaik I haven't seen any argumentation yet that both directories should
20 be renamed, removed, or whatever, so I'm still assuming it's ok to have
21 them, since I have showed there will be a need for both soon.
22
23 Best regards,
24
25 Pieter Van den Abeele
26
27 > --
28 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
29 > Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
30 > Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list