From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [PSA] If you ssh interactively to git.gentoo.org (somehow) let me know.
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:46:36
1 On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:03 AM Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:43:44 -0400
4 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > He was replying to me. Your master connection will continue to work
7 > > just fine, as I said in my previous message.
8 >
9 > I must have lost something in grammar, because no matter how many times I read:
10 >
11 > > If you are authenticating that master connection as the "git" user, I
12 > > suspect it will not affect you. If you are using it to push to
13 > > gentoo.git, that is almost certainly the case.
14 >
15 > I interpret that as:
16 >
17 > - Anonymous fetch is fine
18 > - Authorised Push will fail
19
20 There's no such thing as an "anonymous fetch" from git.gentoo.org. You
21 must be authenticated to do anything.
22
23 > But I guess my mistake is in that we don't push with "user@git ...", we
24 > push with "git@ ... ", and the SSH key is the gate keeper of "push will
25 > work", not the UID.