From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] KEYWORDREQ and STABLEREQ keywords
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 15:47:04
1 On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 18:38:27 +0300
2 Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 4/11/20 6:33 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > Now that we have proper components for keywording and stabilization,
8 > > the old keywords are redundant. Nevertheless, some people still set
9 > > them. I would like to propose two solutions going forward. Either:
10 > >
11 > > 1. We kill both keywords, and just rely on components, or
12 > >
13 > > 2. I make NATTkA automatically add KEYWORDREQ or STABLEREQ where
14 > > appropriate.
15 > >
16 > > Which would you prefer?
17 > >
18 > Less noise is better, so I vote for 1.
19 >
20 > Wasn't aware KEYWORDREQ and STABLEREQ were useless, thats why I always
21 > set them. Will it break any commonly used search scripts / settings?
22
23 Me neither, must have missed that memo. Go for 1.
26 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
27 Gentoo Linux Developer