From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@××××××××××××××.net>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:19:24
(forgot to include the list)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:28:09PM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
> Hi > > I just unmasked baselayout- and moved it to unstable. It should > be stable, but upgrades could be bumpy. PLEASE run etc-update after > install and update ALL config files. > > New things for 1.8.6 release (just a quick list): > > - Fully support Linux-2.5.xx kernels! > > - Do not use tmpfs for caching anymore > > - A nice looking /etc/issue, thanks to v|rus (bug #16806). > > - Lots of fixes and improvements > > > If any issues, please let me know, or add a bug.
Just tried to merge it on a new gentoo box i'm setting up from 1.4_rc3, I have buildpkg configured, and when it comes to merging in the binary package, This happens:
>>> Merging sys-apps/baselayout- to /
* Changing CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK to ensure critical files are updated ... then it just sits there, I waited 10 minutes for it, then checked up via ps and lsof, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. On top it's idling only, not doing anything. Digging further, it's running etc-update, and spinning away somewhere inside that. Line 472 of the ebuild is: etc-update &> /dev/null so I'm thinking etc-update is looking for some input. More details soon.
> -- > Martin Schlemmer > Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer > Cape Town, South Africa
What's the weather in the mother city doing today? (I'm an south african now living in vancouver, canada) -- Robin Hugh Johnson E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net Home Page : ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout- "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@××××××××××××××.net>