From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:04:35
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 01:51:15PM -0600 or thereabouts, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > I'll again point out that the glep doesn't actually mandate it, states
3 > it's the lowest common denominator that's acceptable.
4
5 And I'll point out that there's more than one issue that we're concerned
6 with here.
7
8 > Stop pointing at one interpretation of it that sucks, when the glep
9 > _does_ leave it open to you how to implement it. It's a waste of
10 > people's time and bandwidth, and is a bit disenguous.
11
12 I'm trying to find a solution to the issues as I see them. Telling me I'm
13 wasting people's time and bandwidth doesn't seem conducive to working
14 together towards a resolution to this all. If you're going to say, "it was
15 passed, you guys just have to find a way to implement it. now please stop
16 bothering us" then I'm going to come up with an implementation plan that
17 looks something like the following:
18
19 * all SSH keys and email addresses for arch testers will auto-expire after
20 60 days. If an arch tester needs to have continued access, a gentoo dev
21 will have to re-submit the key and recreate the alias for that arch
22 tester every 60 days.
23
24 That meets the requirements of the GLEP down to the letter and also
25 satisfies infra concerns around key management. However, it's a crappy
26 solution.
27
28 So, I'd much rather work together towards finding a better one.
29
30 --kurt