From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:56:08
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 07:14:03PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 08:03:55PM +0100 or thereabouts, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
3 > > Isn't this an issue that also exists for the Gentoo developers in general?
4 >
5 > Not as much since we can track things like last cvs commit, last login to
6 > toucan, etc. But it does exist to some extent.
7 >
8 > That does not, however, make it acceptable to further exacerbate the
9 > problem. We're working towards improving the procedures and controls we
10 > have in place today. We're not going to implement something that will move
11 > us backwards.
12
13 I'll again point out that the glep doesn't actually mandate it, states
14 it's the lowest common denominator that's acceptable.
15
16 Stop pointing at one interpretation of it that sucks, when the glep
17 _does_ leave it open to you how to implement it. It's a waste of
18 people's time and bandwidth, and is a bit disenguous.
19 ~harring