From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:14:08
1 On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 08:03:55PM +0100 or thereabouts, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 05:06:15PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > > Now, the same question for email -- how do we manage aliases, especially
4 > > for inactive, retired and semi-retired arch testers? We could track usage
5 > > in logs, but between mailing list subscriptions, bugzilla notifications and
6 > > all sorts of other automated emails, that's not an accurate representation
7 > > of whether an email alias is actively used or not.
8 >
9 > Isn't this an issue that also exists for the Gentoo developers in general?
10
11 Not as much since we can track things like last cvs commit, last login to
12 toucan, etc. But it does exist to some extent.
13
14 That does not, however, make it acceptable to further exacerbate the
15 problem. We're working towards improving the procedures and controls we
16 have in place today. We're not going to implement something that will move
17 us backwards.
18
19 --kurt