From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] local use flag cleanup
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:16:37
1 With my new little database, I ran a query to get the count of local use flags
2 that are being used, to see which ones can be candidates for moving to a global
3 USE flag instead. Here's the query results:
4
5 http://wonkabar.org/~steve/gentoo/use_local_count.txt
6
7 I've gone through some of them and here are the ones I suggest get moved to
8 global, since the use flag description / functionality is the same or similar
9 enough to mean "support for $x":
10
11 logrotate
12 musepack
13 xscreensaver
14 libsamplerate
15 udev
16 vnc
17 fltk
18 nntp
19 pulseaudio
20 ao
21 cgi
22 gimp
23 immqt
24 immqt-bc
25 ipod
26 irc
27 rdesktop
28 timidity
29 v4l2
30 webdav
31 xcomposite
32 anthy
33 cddb
34 dxr3
35 hdf5
36 ilbc
37 jingle
38 latex
39 modplug
40 smtp
41 subversion
42 suid
43 x264
44 xfs
45 zvbi
46
47 That's all the ones that are on 4 or more *packages* each (not ebuilds).
48 'cairo' and 'openexr' are missing from the list, since I moved those two over
49 earlier this morning.
50
51 Any objections to moving any of those over, please let me know.
52
53 Thanks
54
55 Steve