From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: media-sound/pulseffects "renaming"
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 07:45:40
1 On 2021-07-13 07:20, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 >> Title: PipeWire versions of PulseEffects are now media-sound/easyeffects
4 >
5 > <ulm mode>The title is too long (50 chars max AFAIR)</ulm mode>
6
7 Argh, and after all my attempts to keep this as short as possible while
8 keeping this meaningful :-) Will think of something even shorter.
9
10 >> Display-If-Installed: >=media-sound/pulseeffects-5.0.0
11 >
12 > Why not display it to users of all versions?
13
14 Only people using 5.0.0+ will have to take any action on this so it
15 feels like displaying it for all versions would needlessly bother users
16 who are happy with PulseAudio.
17
18 > I like short but here it seems that you're skipping some essential
19 > details and having users guess.
20 > Maybe start by explaining the current state
21 [...]
22 Makes sense, thanks! I'll revise this along the lines of your suggestions.
23
24 > Finally, tell explicitly what PA and PW users should
25 > do, and provide an example emerge snippet (do they need to deselect
26 > pulseeffects?).
27
28 Right, they do need to deselect pulseeffects given it will almost
29 certainly be in the world file, won't they.
32 Marecki

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature