From: Robert Coie <rac@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild dependency alternatives?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:55:52
1 Is there a way (other than creating a virtual) to specify that an
2 ebuild dependency may be satisfied in multiple ways, a la Debian's
3 control file's '|'? To give a specific example, I have an ebuild for
4 the Date::ISO perl module, which requires the Memoize module. Memoize
5 needs to be provided as a separate package currently, but it will be
6 included in the perl core as of version 5.8.0.
7
8 I thought it would be a nice touch to have a dependency that read
9 something like "dev-perl/Memoize | >=sys-devel/perl-5.8.0".
12 Robert Coie <rac@××××××××××.jp>
13 Implementor, Apropos Ltd.