From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] various ebuild problems
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:44:43
1 On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:14:00 +0200
2 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 09:46, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
5 > > ons 2001-10-24 klockan 06.22 skrev Martin Schlemmer:
6 >
7 > Hi!
8 >
9 > > > 0.12.5-r1 was supposed to fix the applets problem, guess we will
10 > have to
11 > > > either update the DEPEND or add a --disable-applet.
12 > >
13 > > Actually, the problem came from you adding --enable-applet :)
14 > > I removed it since even if Galeon is a GNOME-browser many people run
15 > it
16 > > without running the actual panel.
17 > >
18 > > IMHO Skipstone is a real waste of efforts (anything that are
19 > developing
20 > > GTK+-only for the reason that they don't want to depend on GNOME are).
23 > Hmm, I looked at galeon-0.12.5-r1.ebuild log this morning, and it is at
24 > version 1.1 with comment about the applet. And since Jon tried to merge
25 > 0.12.5-r1, and the --enable-applet was already removed, im guessing that
26 > maybe 0.12.5 want to build the applet by default.
27
28 When *I* tried to merge, the --enable-applet had not been removed yet.
29 (This further illustrates the problem of one-file, multiple-revisions)
30
31 > Further, if you look at the output, he have neighter
32 > gnome-core/gnome-libs, gdk-pixbuf, etc installed.
33 > So the main problem if you ask me, was not the applet, but it was rather
34 > just the last straw.
35
36 Actually, I do. I know for a fact that gnome-core and gnome-libs are
37 merged, and IIRC, gdk-pixbuf and libglade are as well.
38 However, not being at or near my machine, I can't tell you with
39 100% certainty what is and ins't installed. Either way, isn't that
40 what the DEPENDS and RDEPENDS are for? As far as portage was
41 concerned, all of its requirements were met at the time.
42
43 > On another note: how could he merge it without portage merging the
44 > required Gnome libs ? Did he edit the ebuild and take the DEPEND's out
45 > and that the reason in the first place ?
46
47 Nope. See above. ;-)
50 Jon Nelson \|/ ____ \|/ Gort,
51 jnelson@××××××××××.com "@'/ ,. \`@" Klaatu
52 C and Python Programmer /_| \__/ |_\ barada
53 Motorcycle Enthusiast \__U_/ nikto.