From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] various ebuild problems
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:13:56
1 On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 09:46, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > ons 2001-10-24 klockan 06.22 skrev Martin Schlemmer:
3
4 Hi!
5
6 > > 0.12.5-r1 was supposed to fix the applets problem, guess we will have to
7 > > either update the DEPEND or add a --disable-applet.
8 >
9 > Actually, the problem came from you adding --enable-applet :)
10 > I removed it since even if Galeon is a GNOME-browser many people run it
11 > without running the actual panel.
12 >
13 > IMHO Skipstone is a real waste of efforts (anything that are developing
14 > GTK+-only for the reason that they don't want to depend on GNOME are).
17 Hmm, I looked at galeon-0.12.5-r1.ebuild log this morning, and it is at
18 version 1.1 with comment about the applet. And since Jon tried to merge
19 0.12.5-r1, and the --enable-applet was already removed, im guessing that
20 maybe 0.12.5 want to build the applet by default.
21
22 Further, if you look at the output, he have neighter
23 gnome-core/gnome-libs, gdk-pixbuf, etc installed.
24 So the main problem if you ask me, was not the applet, but it was rather
25 just the last straw.
26
27 To conclude, he needs to have gnome, gdk-pixbuf, etc merged, which he
28 did not. Thus it did fail, and since the applet checking was the last
29 check, it stopped at this. So Gnome and Co is the problem, rather then
30 applet.
31
32 On another note: how could he merge it without portage merging the
33 required Gnome libs ? Did he edit the ebuild and take the DEPEND's out
34 and that the reason in the first place ?
37 Greetings.
40 Martin Schlemmer
41 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
42 Cape Town, South Africa