From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About adding a way to check for bugs referring to no longer existing packages in the tree
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 09:56:07
1 El dom, 15-04-2012 a las 02:47 -0600, Ryan Hill escribió:
2 > > > > From time to time I see old bug reports that are still wrongly opened
3 > > > > and referring to old packages no longer in the tree. Would be possible
4 > > > > to add a way to periodically check for bugs referring in summary to
5 > > > > obsolete packages and, then, allow us to have a cleaner bug list?
6 >
7 > How exactly would you do this? Maintain a list of all packages ever removed
8 > from the tree? What if the package name is a common word? What about bugs
9 > requesting a previously removed package be re-added? Or a different
10 > project using the same name?
11
12 Well, I currently manually do eix searching to check it, maybe would be
13 a way to compare eix outputs with "${CATEGORY}/${PKGNAME}" from bug
14 summaries (bugs without that naming structure would be uncovered by
15 this, but we would still be able to easily check for obsolete bug
16 reports).
17
18 Regarding bugs asking package to be readded, that bugs should be
19 assigned to maintainer-wanted and, then, could be filtered.
22 > > It's not for versions, only package names (there are still bugs
23 > > referring to already removed packages for months)
24 >
25 > The person dumping the package should be checking for open bugs at the time
26 > of removal.
30 I agree... but it's usually forgotten as I have seen