From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 15:38:18
1 On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 15:56:16 +0100
2 "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 07/06/16 16:44, james wrote:
5 > > On 06/07/2016 09:25 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
6 > >> Wouldn't removing it from repositories.xml have pretty much the same
7 > >> effect?
8 > >>
9 > >> Also, i think we should make the unreviewed repo public then, so
10 > >> people can get the newest ebuilds.
11 > >
12 > > Perhaps a deprecation period of a year, with a gentoo wiki page that
13 > > lists the packages found @sunrise, is a good idea?
16 > A year is a very short time in software terms .. maybe 5 years ... !!
17 > But freezing it, with the intention of removing from repos.xml in 5
18 > years time seems reasonable to me.
19
20 I'm against keeping it in repos.xml for more than a month, considering
21 the current (huge) state of breakage it is in. Other repositories with
22 similar breakage were already removed.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny
27 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>