From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 16:06:56
1 On 07/06/16 16:37, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > I'm against keeping it in repos.xml for more than a month, considering
3 > the current (huge) state of breakage it is in. Other repositories with
4 > similar breakage were already removed.
5 >
6 In which case, we should get a notice out post-haste ...
7
8 My concern is for those people using sunrise packages (in whatever
9 broken state) who might suddenly discover they have completly lost
10 access to the overlay 'overnight'. Whilst I'm not expecting the
11 server/repo suddenly to disappear .. there should be a planned migration
12 path for any users lingering on packages in this overlay to get the
13 package into maintainership of some form if at all possible. As such it
14 remains a semi-official Gentoo repository ..
15
16 MJE