From: grozin@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 03:01:49
1 On Tue, 7 Jun 2016, M. J. Everitt wrote:
2 > My concern is for those people using sunrise packages (in whatever
3 > broken state) who might suddenly discover they have completly lost
4 > access to the overlay 'overnight'. Whilst I'm not expecting the
5 > server/repo suddenly to disappear .. there should be a planned migration
6 > path for any users lingering on packages in this overlay to get the
7 > package into maintainership of some form if at all possible. As such it
8 > remains a semi-official Gentoo repository ..
9 One example: I have 1 package installed from sunrise, app-misc/gpspoint. I
10 used it regularly until recently (after buying a good android phone, I use
11 osmand on it instead of my old garmin navigator; but this navigator is
12 still working, and I might want to download some track from it, in which
13 case I'll need gpspoint). OK, I can commit it to the main tree. But I'm
14 sure there are other working packages in sunrise, too.
15
16 Andrey