From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org, gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:42:32
1 Marius Mauch wrote: [Fri Mar 11 2005, 10:34:08AM CST]
2 > Suggestion: make a short (one word) descriptive name mandatory. Numbers
3 > get easily confused and most of the more recent GLEPs already come with
4 > a nickname. For example I wouldn't know offhand which GLEP would deal
5 > with ACCEPT_LICENSE stuff, and I'm also not sure about the real title
6 > (maybe it doesn't contain ACCEPT_LICENSE at all), so if I want to make a
7 > reference to it I actually have to look it up so people know what I'm
8 > talking about. Minor issue, but really annoying over time.
9
10 I agree with the sentiment, although I think a one-word limit may be a
11 bit draconian. For example, Ciaran's latest GLEP is titled
12 "Per-Category metadata.xml files". I think that title is perfectly
13 succinct, and I lack the creativity necessary to come up with an
14 equivalent one-word version.
15
16 -g2boojum-
17 --
18 Grant Goodyear
19 Gentoo Developer
20 g2boojum@g.o
21 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
22 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76