From: Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A couple of new devs
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:02:08
1 On Tuesday 09 November 2004 16:22, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > ps. I also have some things on my wishlist. The main thing is a way in
3 > which init scripts can check the actual status of the service (is the
4 > program running), not whether it is supposed to be running. If we have
5 > that functionality, we can have a cron job to every once in a while kick
6 > all misbehaving services.
7
8 Always wondered why it wasn't done - it should be relativly easy for most
9 daemons - just save their PID at runtime and check if it is still running
10 when you poll for status...
13 Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
14 Key/Fingerprint at pgp.mit.edu, ID 0x96EA0A93