From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A couple of new devs
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:22:47
1 On Saturday 06 November 2004 09:55, Alin Nastac wrote:
2 > Roy Marples wrote:
3 > >>Last is mrness aka Alin Nastac. He'll be breaking things for you
4 > >> net-dialup users.
5 > >
6 > >Cool - care to donate a net-scripts module for ppp?
7 > >If you're breaking things and I'm going to hell then let's have a
8 > >party :)
9 >
10 > Hi everybody,
11 >
12 > Good to be here.
13 >
14 > Hopefully, I don't have as much chances to break things as you have. A
15 > user who has a dialup connection to the Internet and chooses Gentoo
16 > should pay a visit to the closest shrink ;)
17
18 Hi Alin,
19
20 welcome to gentoo.
21
22 Paul
23
24 ps. I also have some things on my wishlist. The main thing is a way in
25 which init scripts can check the actual status of the service (is the
26 program running), not whether it is supposed to be running. If we have
27 that functionality, we can have a cron job to every once in a while kick
28 all misbehaving services.
31 Paul de Vrieze
32 Gentoo Developer
33 Mail: pauldv@g.o